This is why...

This blog has been created to give our family and friends an idea of our journey through infertility and the steps we chose to take to make our dream of becoming parents a reality. There may be a few graphic details here and there, along with some fun photos, but most importantly, we wanted to document these events in our lives for our future children and for anyone else who dreams of becoming a parent. Enjoy!


*Anyone who may be interested in us as adoptive parents, please feel free to check out our link at Bethany.

http://waitingfamilies.bethany.org/home/california/darryl-and-jennifer



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blood test

Hi everyone! Wow! It feels good to be off bed rest! Thank you again for everyone who cooked, brought food, came by to visit, called me, face booked me, and kept Darryl and I in your prayers. You are all so amazing! Yesterday we had a blood test to measure my hormone levels. If there was a problem the nurse would have called me last night to tell us to increase the progesterone in our nightly shots. However, we did not receive a call so everything is good so far. :) I've been trying to keep busy without doing anything too strenuous. If I'm just sitting around, I find myself analyzing every little feeling I get. (Was that a normal cramp? Was that a period cramp?) You know...that kind of stuff. And it's starting to make me crazy and emotional so I've decided to stop and just let God do his thing. Either I'm pregnant or I'm not, but analyzing everything won't change that. Today I was able to spend the day with my cousin Arielle who is also going through fertility treatments as well. She had an I.U.I. done and her pregnancy test is the day before mine. As we relaxed by the pool today, she showed me an article in a magazine that talked about a couple who had been trying to get pregnant for 3 years. They went through a few IVF cycles but never told anyone about their trouble, not even their own parents. They ended up lying to people and telling them they were going on trips when really, they were going through their IVF cycles on their own. They were so sad about their situation that they didn't want anyone else to have to carry the pain with them. The article went on to say that if more people would talk about fertility problems instead of being ashamed of them, then maybe our government would start seeing it as a medical problem that insurance SHOULD cover. For those of you that don't know....one IVF cycle can cost anywhere from $10,000-$12,000. Currently there are some states in the US who do see infertility as a medical problem and cover the treatments through insurance. However, California sees it as an optional treatment (almost like cosmetic surgery) so you can see why couples go bankrupt trying to start their families. Anyway, Arielle and I are both glad we chose to tell our family and friends what we are going through. I honestly think it would stress me out more to lie about it and hide it from everyone then to be honest and ask for prayers. Thank you for being the people to share all the news with us, good and bad. :)

Here are some specifics to pray for...
1. Please pray that our pregnancy test on Monday is a BFP (that's fertility forum talk for BIG FAT POSITIVE)
2. Pray that my cousin also gets a BFP! :)
3. Pray that no matter the outcome, we will have hope and be excited for what's coming next
4. Pray that we will continue to feel God by our sides and put our trust in him

1 comment:

Gabbriela said...

Praying and praying for you and D and the 3 little ones.